In This Section
Jocelyn Hinfray, MS, CCC-A
Jocelyne Hinfray was born and raised in France. She graduated Summa Cum Laude from Southern Connecticut State University, where she later received a Master of Science degree in Audiology. She is board certified as an audiologist by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association and licensed to practice in Connecticut.
Mindy Jose CCC-A
Elaine Hazelton, OTO-TECH
Elaine has been a certified otolaryngology tech since 2006, specializing in the testing and treatment of hearing loss, dizziness, vertigo, and balance disorders.
Zelda Shleifer, Au.D., CCC-A
Summary of Services Provided
- Complete Hearing Evaluations for all ages
- Tympanometry and Reflex Testing
- Brainstem Evoked Response Audiometry (BSER)
- Otoacoustic Emission Testing (OAE)
- Hearing Aid Evaluation
- Hearing Aid Dispensing
- Digital and Programmable Hearing Aids
- Custom Ear Swim Molds
- Custom Hearing Protection Molds
- Balance Evaluation with Video ENG and Posturography
Advanced Hearing Aid Services
- Full line of hearing aids, specializing in digital hearing aid technology
- Hearing aid accessories
- Hearing aid repair services
What You Should Know About Hearing Loss
- Hearing loss is prevalent; 1 out of 10 Americans have a hearing loss
- Hearing loss that develops with aging usually occurs slowly, is gradually progressive, and is permanent.
- Most hearing losses can be helped effectively by individually selected, prescribed and fitted hearing devices.
- The vast majority of Americans with hearing loss have their hearing treated by hearing aids.
Symptoms of Hearing Loss
- Difficulty hearing high pitched sounds, such as birds singing
- Difficulty hearing or understanding at public gatherings: concert halls, theaters, houses of worship
- Difficulty understanding conversations within a group of people, or on the telephone
- Speech sounds loud enough, but appears mumbled.
Causes of Hearing Impairment
- The natural aging process
- Exposure to loud or constant noise
- Inherited medical conditions
- Traumatic injury
- Ototoxic medications