CT ENT Protocol
The symptoms of COVID-19 infection can range from very mild to severe respiratory illness and may include fever, cough and shortness of breath. These symptoms can be very similar to those for influenza, so it may be difficult to distinguish without clinical testing. CURRENTLY, WE ARE UNABLE TO TEST FOR COVID-19 IN OUR OFFICE.
If you have a runny nose, cough, no fever and if you have not traveled to an area of the world with sustained community transmission of COVID-19 within 14 days of feeling sick, you should follow the same steps that you would take if you thought you had the flu. These include staying home from work or school and maintaining social distance. If you feel that you need medical attention for these symptoms, please contact you PMD for further assistance.
If you have traveled to an infected area, or had contact with someone who has, and feels sick with fever, cough or difficulty breathing within 14 days, you should let our office staff know immediately. We will not be able to see you in our office and you will be instructed to got to your PMD's office or the ED for further evaluation and testing.
Protect yourself and your family by:
- Washing hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- If soap and water are not available, using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Covering your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throwing the tissue in the trash and washing your hands
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Staying home when you are sick